Wednesday, June 3, 2009

S.S and Homer












S.S
Dear, Journal
Today, nine hundred B.C I was inspired by Homer’s astonishing poetry. He recited his on works, the Iliad and the Odyssey, the story describes the Greek hero Odysseus' journey home from the Trojan War. Homer describes many extraordinary lands in the story. For so many days people have enjoyed trying to guess the 'real' locations of the strange and wonderful places Odysseus visited. Every day to hear these magnificent stories we meet in the middle of Homers home town Ionian region of Asia Minor, at Smyrna, near the island of Chios.

The next day, was very dry with a big amount of sun, but we still headed to Homer. Every day he recites his poetry and we write it down to give it a new meaning. When Homer started to bring up the topic about Gods. He said, " I don’t believe in one such God, I believe in all gods" (POLYTHEISM). That day Homer told us to think of famous artworks done by unfamiliar artists. So, I chose Farewell to a warrior by, Lekythos. It was an unfamiliar paintings. So, tomorrow when we meet again. I will tell you alittle more about my experience with Homer.

No comments:

Post a Comment